Passport office BALBRIGGAN

carina

Hi guys,
I am in a major panic - I am going to my best friends wedding in Spain this weekend and have no passport. I only realised about 5 weeks ago that it was going to be out of date on the trip so I applied for a new one however I was a bit stressed with work and some personal issues and I didn't do passport express (I know, I know..) I did the normal one which takes 4-6 weeks.
I have a friend who knows someone in the main office in Molesworth St so she rang him yest to see if I could go and collect it. It's not in that office though it's in Balbriggan (he said that it's due to be issued on the 23rd but I'm going on the 14th)
I have been trying the main line for the last 2 days and they're not even letting you q on the line, there's just a recorded message saying they're not taking calls. I can't find a number for Balbriggan and I don't know what to do.
Does anyone know how to contact them???
I am kicking myself for being such an idiot, I don't know what I was thinking, I didn't look at the dates when I sent it off and thought I had enough time.
I am so worried now so if anyone can help me I'd be very grateful.

Hi guys,
I am in a major panic - I am going to my best friends wedding in Spain this weekend and have no passport.

This is on the website:
"A Priority System for processing passport applications for those with immediate travel plans has been introduced. While it is not guaranteed, if someone is travelling in less than 10 working days, applications submitted at a public counter with proof of travel may be accommodated. Applicants should make contact with the Passport Service & provide this proof where applicable."

Could you go in and show your flight confirmation and ask them to get the passport expedited for you? Slim

Thanks, yeh I saw that.
The problem is I don't know where the Balbriggan Office is or if you're actually "allowed" to go in there. That's what I was hoping I could do with the Molesworth Street Office... I don't even know how long my pp will be in Balbriggan, does anyone know if they get sent out from there now? There's no info on line for this office at all.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

FYI.....I submitted a 'passport express' on April 19th and it is still showing as 'registered' today...according to the website, that means that they have received the application. I am away on business at the moment and need it for travel to Turkey next week.

carina, I was in a similar situation last year...needed to get a family member a passport for bereavement travel. I went to the passport office in Balbriggan and loitered around the door until someone came out for a smoke and told them my sorry tale. Maybe I was lucky cos I got a very helpful woman who organised for me to pick it up from her. Cant rem her name cos it was last March 2010.

To get to the ppt office
- take exit 6 off the M1 towards Balbriggan
- take the right at the crossroads just past the graveyard (pass Millfield S.C as well) (About 10-12 mins from the motorway exit...)
- the ppt office is 2nd right turn on that road, up into an industrial estate, away in the far left corner

Best of luck

Me again,
Carina, if you input "Dublin Street, Balbriggan" into Google maps, on the map these are the directions
- R122 from exit 6 off M1
- follow R122 to Clonard Rd to Chapel St
- Turn right onto Dublin St
- 2nd right into an Industrial St.
Passport office is in there if you need it...

Thanks so much Emmt.. I went to Moleworth St and waited around for a few hours and finally got it sorted! I had to pay €150 but I will have it on Friday thank god.
Cheers for the replies.

Thanks!! It is such a relief! Friend would have killed me had I not got it sorted.. They were very good in the PO to be fair. The q's moved pretty quickly, once you have a coffee and book it's not too bad! Gutted about the €150 but nobody but myself to blame.
Thanks again! ;-)

Thanks so much Emmt.. I went to Moleworth St and waited around for a few hours and finally got it sorted! I had to pay €150 but I will have it on Friday thank god.
Cheers for the replies.

Carina - is that €150 on TOP of the application fee? Slim

Now I'm in a flap!!! My daughter's application for a REPLACEMENT Passport has been rejected according to the website tracker. I should have the reason by tomorrow. Assuming I can sort out the problem by Friday, what is my best option to ensure getting the Passport issued before we fly on holidays on the 12th june next? Slim

Nope, I already paid €95 but that will be refunded (although they said it will take "some time") So €150 total. Plus a lot of taxis, buses, passport photos etc;! An expensive mess over all but one of my own doing for not being more organised!!

Slim if you go into the office with all the relevent paperwork and PROOF of your holiday/trip they guarantee 3 days (hence the €150)
I only had to wait about 2.5 hours in the end. I will have to go back in again on Fri though so hopefully you work near town or can take the time off!!

Thanks Carina. We live in the north west so it's a trek! Like so many other services(moan!) we shall have to go up to the capital to access it! Slim

Would proof of travelling within 4 weeks be enough to get it expedited? The website says that REPLACEMENT passport applications cannot be expedited! Slim

Contact your local TD. They can expedite applications on behalf of constituents.

Also the Balbriggan passport office is not open to the public.

Update: Reason for rejection arrived Wednesday. I got the appropriate birth cert and had it back in the post by 3pm. Rang Passport Office in Balbriggan and helpful lady reassured me we had plenty of time.

Checked online tracking today and passport has been printed. Thank Goodness. Slim

help

hi everone! im in a bit off trouble, i lost my passport awhile ago, and sent off for a new one about 3 weeks ago, i got a letter in the post today saying dey could not approve my application bcause i didnt send d long birthcert i sent d short one, im goin to england on saturday, wat am i going to do?, could i go up to ballbriggan? wud dey do it for me up dere if i drove up??

I'm waiting 15 days now for a passport - sent off with passport express and it's still listed as "awaiting approval". I asked in teh post office today and they told me it should have arrived yesterday, and to call the passport office... very difficult to get thorough to them though. Anyone else waiting, or know why it would still be being checked after their guarantee time?

Back