Vodafone.ie overcharged me

P

piggy

Just a word of warning to anyone who has ready-to-go and uses vodafone.ie to top up.

Yesterday the service was really slow and after entering my credit card details I got a message saying there had been an error. I got a few of these type of problems. It seems to happen from time to time with their site.
No credit on my phone.

This morning when I logged into my online bank account I discovered that vodafone had charged me 20 euro yesterday.

I did ring them up and they're to get back to me to resolve the issue.

Just a word of warning to anyone else who might come across the same problem.

I can't even get onto the Vodafone.ie website most of the time these days. It seems to be grinding to a halt and is very flakey even when you do get on... :\

Yeah, I agree. It's pretty poor most of the time but it does have advantages when it works...I get really p***ed off when I go into a shop to buy 10 euro call credit and they try to charge me 10.40 or something.
Plus, buying online is convenient for me.

The Text top up is the best. You don't need to log on or go to shop. Money is deducted from your bank account and your phone is topped up immediately. All you do is send text (free) requesting top up of X amount and they send you text - you reply with pin and there ya have it. Can't knock it.

Money is deducted from your bank account

Fine and dandy except when what piggy describes happens! Anyway [broken link removed] are only available to AIB customers.

I see that Vodafone now have the following service announcement on the site:
Service Announcement

Over the next couple of weeks we are improving our site. During this upgrade period the following services may be occasionally unavailable:
My Vodafone Registrations
Vodafone Mail

The speed of the site may also be affected during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and endeavour to ensure that the transition has as little impact as possible.
although the site has been slow and unreliable for months now even before this upgrade started.

I am with Bank of Ireland and use Text Top up regularly.
Never had any problems with it.

I must take a look at the text top up if for no other reason than it's even easier than the online cc method. Thanks Lorrie

Just to update - got a call from Vodafone this morning. They offered to top up my phone or refund the money. They were also extremely apologetic.
While their website service needs a lot of attention and I would only have discovered this error on their part by the fact that I regularly scrutinise my cc bill - at least they were attentive and sorted the problem out asap when I raised the problem.

I tried to top-up online yesterday and the transaction seemed to succeed but the credit was never delivered to my phone. The transaction is not yet listed on my online banking VISA statement.

Do let us know what happens so - if you have the same problem as I do.
If you do it looks like Vodafone have quite a serious problem with their online top-up.

Back