Pan Peninsula London Docklands

wjc

hi
Saw the ad in yesterdays Irish Times and did a quick bit of research. Being developed by Ballymore properties. Looks like a really unique development. I know it is in Docklands and there a lot of properties for sale down there. 10% payable now, 10% payable in 18 months and the balance payable in 2009 when completion is due. Thinking of buying off plans now and hopefully flipping the contract (selling) before completion. Any body have any advice or experience of doing this in London?

A big glass tower in Docklands with nicely designed aparments in it - dont know if that's so unique - there's lots of them around I'd say.

1 - Where exactly is it - the "Marketing Suite" is beside Canary Wharf DLR which is a decent place alright ... but where is the development ... if it's in the same place that's not bad .. but is it ?

2 - £230k (~€340k) for a 300 sqft studio is not cheap even if they include the cat you couldnt' swing in it.

3 - Flipping requires a pretty decent rise in the market - that's not really happening in London / SE England at the moment - prices are at best fairly stagnant ... who knows what will happen by 2009 for sure - but it's no certainly that the apartment is going to be worth more than you paid for it (especially after financing costs etc.).

i purchased one of these apts and am fairly confident that the demand and market will be there down the line for such a property in such a building after all 162 apts sold in one afternoon isnt bad going!

Back